SINGAPORE -- BMW AG names Birgit Maier, 42, to head its Asian head office, making her the first woman to lead a BMW subsidiary. Maier becomes managing director of BMW Asia in April. She takes over from 30-year BMW veteran Felix Herrnberger, 53, who returns to Germany to head the company's motorcycle center in Munich. Maier started her career as a Mercedes-Benz saleswoman in 1983. Three years later, she moved to BMW to become a sales trainer. In 1991, she was named sales training manager, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Names New Asia Director" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642