BMW AG says the new 8-speed automatic transmission, on the verge of rolling out aboard the new 760i and 760iL, will cut fuel consumption in the V-12 flagships 6%. The ZF Friedrichshafen AG gearbox also shifts faster and more smoothly than the 6-speed it replaces, and takes full advantage of available engine torque, the auto maker says. “Thanks to the innovative configuration of the gear sets, the number of additional components required and the weight of the new 8-speed automatic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Ready With New ZF 8-Speed Automatic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642