PITTSBURGH – BMW AG won't exactly admit its high-tech Active Steering system had some bugs to be worked out, but executives and engineers quietly concede the much-debated advance over conventional variable-ratio power steering has been “recalibrated” to improve response and “feel.” Wolfgang Epple, BMW 3-Series program director, tells Ward's the newly revised Active Steering debuts with the '06 3-Series recently introduced here to the media. BMW discreetly launches recalibrated Active ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Recalibrates Active Steering for New 3-Series" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642