BMW AG says it has received approval to produce and sell its models in China as part of a joint venture with Chinese auto maker Brilliance China Automotive Holdings. A BMW spokeswoman tells Reuters there are some further steps that need to be taken, but BMW expects production for the JV to commence by the middle of 2003.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Receives Chinese Approval for JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642