LOS ANGELES – BMW of North America LLC says it will not market the hatchback version of the upcoming 1-Series, which goes on sale in Europe later this year. The auto maker also says it will not offer the 1.8L 4-cyl. in its new entry-level product. BMW will introduce the 1-Series in the U.S. in 2005, nearly a year after its European debut. “Our plan is to sell a 1-Series here (in the U.S.), but we have not yet finalized which model we will bring,” Tom Purves, chairman and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Rules Out Hatchback, 4-cyl. for U.S. 1-Series" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642