BMW AG and International Business Machines Corp. join forces to develop an integrated set of processes, tools and services to improve the software and electronic systems used in new vehicles. According to IBM, electronics and software will account for about 90% of all future automobile innovations. By the year 2010, electronics and software are expected to account for 40% of a vehicle’s production costs. The new initiative, dubbed the Automotive Software Foundry, will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Selects IBM for Software, Electronics Integration" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642