Production of the new Zafira compact van begins this week at Adam Opel AG’s Bochum, Germany, plant. The new Zafira goes on sale July 9. To date, Opel-parent General Motors Corp has invested about €400 million ($517.4 million) to train the plant’s workforce and modernize the Bochum plant, which also builds the Opel Astra station wagon. “We are about to write another chapter in Opel’s compact van success story,” says Plant Manager Martin Apfel. Bochum began assembling Zafira “pilot” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bochum Begins New Zafira Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642