PARIS – Europe’s automotive industry is sweating out survival, but it’s the individuals who engineer the bodies-in-white that feel as if they are in the boiler room. Exceeding European safety standards added vehicle weight to the Renault Laguna "In recent years, all features for customers’ market demands have increased the (vehicle) weight," says Alice de Brauer, Renault SA's director of environmental policy for industrial sites, at a recent Society of Automotive Engineers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Body-in-White Engineers Seek Lighter-Weight Materials" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642