BorgWarner Turbo Systems, the turbocharger-making unit of BorgWarner Inc., says it is attempting to extend a license agreement for variable-geometry turbochargers with Honeywell, maker of Garrett-brand turbochargers. The variable-geometry design was the subject of a previous patent dispute between the two companies. A settlement led to Garrett’s licensing of the variable-geometry design to BorgWarner. BorgWarner says it had advised customers that without a new license extension, it would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BorgWarner Looks to Extend Turbo License" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642