BOXBERG, Germany – Robert Bosch GmbH continues to lose money on its foundation brake business, but automotive Chairman Bernd Bohr says the supplier is taking action to shore up the division and is not interested in selling it. Two years ago, Bohr told Ward’s Bosch was losing money on foundation brakes – rotors, calipers and other mechanical parts dedicated to deceleration. These are highly commoditized parts with low profit margins that could be purchased from numerous sources. Today, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brakes Still Losing Money, But Bosch Stays Put" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642