SAO PAULO – The Brazilian vehicle market slipped 3.3% in February compared with January and 10% from the year-ago period. A total of 104,098 vehicles were sold in the month. The drop is attributed to fewer days in February and to Carnival, a 5-day celebration during which no cars are sold. Fiat Auto SpA was first in retail sales with 27,025 units, followed by Volkswagen AG with 26,989. General Motors was third at 25,839.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil February Sales Slide" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642