SAO PAULO – The local auto industry posted its best May ever in terms of vehicle production, as 258,900 cars and trucks rolled off local assembly lines, topping year-ago by 7.2%. The May results also marked a 15.9% rise from April output levels. Industry employment, now at 110,700 workers, is at its highest level in 10 years, according to data from Anfavea, the national association of vehicle manufacturers. In May, alone, 1,427 new employees were hired industry-wide, the group says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil Sets May Production Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642