TOKYO – Sticking to a schedule announced last autumn, Bridgestone Corp. in January will unveil its most advanced tire-manufacturing system at the company’s Hikone plant in Shiga prefecture. The system, known as BIRD for “Bridgestone Innovative and Rational Development,” completely automates tire-making from component production to inspection, substantially reducing inventories and waste in all stages of the manufacturing process. Management believes the system is the most advanced in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone Nears Launch of New Tire-Production System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642