My friend Fred says he’s discovered a new class of cars, "fun cars" he calls them. His prime example is the Chevrolet SSR, the 2-seat convertible pickup. So what’s new? We’ve always had fun cars. I remember a 2-seat convertible pickup from years ago, a Dodge. It flopped. And when I look at all the sport cars being built, I can count 15 without getting into the exotics. But, all together, we’re only talking about a few hundred thousand cars. That’s not a big market. But Fred is thinking ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bring Back the Fun" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642