There is no denying English charm. But however quaint and proper, there are times when culture and tradition must take a backseat to modern tenets of productivity and efficiency. For auto making in the U.K., that time is now. Parent Ford has put its foot down when it comes to a pair of its high-profile British marques: Jaguar and Land Rover. The two brands are part of Ford’s Premier Automotive Group, which was to provide a third of the auto maker’s total profits by mid-decade. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"British Auto Making Needs More Than Charm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642