The man who created Buick also is credited with creating white porcelain bathroom fixtures. David Dunbar Buick, a plumber/inventor by trade, holder of 13 plumbing patents and owner of Buick & Sherwood Mfg. Co. – self-proclaimed "sanitary specialists," also dabbled in building gasoline engines back in the late 1800s. Having created a process to add porcelain to metal to produce white bathroom fixtures, he set out next to create a car, a move that resulted in incorporation of Buick ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buick Looks Beyond Centennial" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642