SAO PAULO – It took a year of negotiation, says DaimlerChrysler do Brasil President Ben van Schaik, but the auto maker finally has gotten the nod from parent DaimlerChrysler AG to produce the new 4-seat Smart. The move to assemble the small car in Brazil largely is seen as a precursor to Smart’s entry into the U.S. market. DaimlerChrysler says it will produce the new version of Smart in Brazil beginning in 2005 The auto maker announced Nov. 4 it would produce the new version ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Building New Smart in Brazil a Coup for DC Exec" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642