A bill to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from passenger vehicles is now before California Gov. Gray Davis after being adopted by the state legislature by a 41-30 margin. If Davis signs the legislation it likely will make its way to the courts, say automotive industry representatives, who lobbied hard against the bill in the face of intense opposition from environmental groups. (see related story: California Emissions Bill Stalls After Auto Maker Ad Push) The measure, Assembly Bill 1493, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"California Emissions Bill Passes in Legislature" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642