The Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird brands will be resurrected following a brief hiatus beginning in 2002, sources tell Ward's. That scenario confirms a possibility raised in October by other General Motors Corp. insiders regarding the sports cars' future (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Oct. 25, '99, p.1). Camaro and Firebird likely will skip a model year, maybe more, before possibly returning to the pony car market in the '04 model year with a fresh design and new, more powerful ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Camaro/Firebird Will Return After Hiatus" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642