Toyota Motor Corp. will build its Camry Hybrid in Thailand and spend TB5.35 billion ($161 million) to construct a new diesel-engine factory producing 150,000 units a year. The Camry Hybrid will be produced at Toyota’s Thai Gateway Plant starting next year with initial annual output of 9,000 units. Toyota will spend TB90 million ($2.7 million) to modify the plant for Camry Hybrid production. The hybrid vehicle will attract a 10% excise duty, down significantly from the 30% charged for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Camry Hybrid Headed to Thai Plant as Part of New Investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642