In the wake of a recent federal denouncement of gasoline oxygenate MTBE, California State Senator Dick Mountjoy says he is “appalled the Clinton/Gore administration did not announce the immediate removal of MTBE,” a reference to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Director Carol Browner's announcement of a slow phase-down in use of water-harming MTBE. Senator Mountjoy led the effort in his state to have the additive studied by the University of California, which resulted in its phase-out ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Can ethanol replace MTBE?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642