DETROIT – Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Canada were up in December and in 2002, according to Ward’s data. Big truck sales rose 3% in Canada in 2002. Deliveries totaled 2,595 units for the month, up 26.7% on a daily rate basis vs. the 2,133 big rigs delivered during like-2001. For the calendar year, sales rose a more modest 3.0%, to 31,939, as a 10.0% rise in Class 8 sales offset a 7.4% decline in medium-duty (Class 4-7) deliveries. (see related data: Ward's Canada ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Up in 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642