The big truck market in Canada ends the first quarter on a down note: combined Class 4-8 sales slip 23.7% in March vs. 2000 levels. The performance left the sector trailing year-ago by 28.7% through the end of the first quarter. Class 8 sales fell 28.7% in March on a daily rate basis (27 days this year and last) on a volume of 1,982 units. Only International Truck & Engine Corp. (Navistar) enjoyed a gain — 13.1% for the month. Freightliner Corp. and PACCAR Inc. saw sales cut nearly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Continue Skid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642