Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks, at 6,033 year-to-date, are on track to prove pessimistic pundits wrong again. Strong February sales of 3,296 units contributed to a 17.5% increase, by volume, on total sales for the first two months of 2000. Leading the charge in Class 8 sales is PACCAR Inc. (Kenworth and Peterbilt) with sales running 68.6% ahead of like-1999, belying forecasts of a drop of as much as 10% in 2000 in the pace-setting U.S. market. Strong Canadian sales could signal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642