Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks tallied 39,604 units for all of 1999, up 8.2% by volume on entire-1998's 36,605. Class 8 sales rose 6.5% to 30,984, much of that on the strong showing by Freightliner Corp. (including its Sterling brand). It picked up six points in market share, rising to 33.5%, mostly at the expense of Navistar International Transportation Corp. Medium-duty sales totaled 8,620 units for the year, a rise of 14.8% from like-1998's 7,511. Class 5 sales, which jumped ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Big Truck Sales Top 39,000 for 1999" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642