Vehicle sales in Canada increased for the eighth consecutive month in January, with trucks outselling cars for the ninth time since first doing it in December 1996 (see data p.2). Canada vehicle sales — including estimates for some medium- and heavy-duty trucks that will be revised later this month — totaled 93,907 in January for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 3,756, 8.4% above same-month 1999 (25 selling days both periods). Both cars and trucks increased about the same over like-1999, by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canada Starts Year With 8th Straight Increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642