CHICAGO – Newly developed methods of recovering petroleum from Canada's huge tar-sand deposits may greatly increase North American independence from the Middle East Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), a solution-mining expert tells Ward's. The solution-mining process drills vertically and then horizontally into tar-sand deposits, which then are injected with steam. The method already has demonstrated recovery of oil with good return on investment at current world oil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian Petroleum Source Potentially Huge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642