Canadian James Keirstead is driving a solar-powered car he and his fellow students from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, built over the past two years, across Canada. Mr. Keirstead and team are out to set a new world record for the longest distance traveled in a solar-powered car. The Queen's University car, called Radiance, traps sunlight in solar cells, which produce electricity to run the motor. Excess energy is stored in a battery pack, which powers the car on cloudy days. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canadian son prays for sun" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642