LONDON – It all started with a canary yellow Porsche 911, says Ford of Europe Inc. Design Director Martin Smith, who shares some of his career experiences with younger designers at the InteriorMotives magazine conference held here. Smith, who graduated from the Royal Art College in 1973 and initially was rejected for a job by Ford Motor Co., says he was struck dumb back then by the yellow Porsche 911while standing outside London’s Hard Rock Cafe on Piccadilly Circus. The car had the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Canary Yellow Porsche Got Ford Designer's Career Rolling" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642