A 16-page California Air Resources Board (CARB) summary of in-use vehicle emissions-compliance testing recently obtained by WEVTU lists 434 1980 through 1996 year/make/engine families tested in 1985 through 1998. Of the 19 Toyotas listed, all passed except one, a 1984 ETY2.4TZEBBO indicated as “marginal fail - no recall.” For comparison, 14 Hondas and 15 Mazdas all passed tailpipe tests but one had an evaporative defect (yet the vehicle was at 25% of the standard). Of the 380 others, 72 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CARB data confirm Toyota quality" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642