PARIS – Two European auto makers have joined forces with suppliers to develop carbon- fiber reinforced plastics for their cars, and more close relationships could follow. Automobil Lamborghini SpA, which has been using carbon fiber (CF) since the 1983 Countach prototype, has chosen Huntsman LLC as a long-term resin partner. Last October, BMW AG created a joint venture with carbon-specialist SGL Group to provide raw material and CF textiles for the Megacity electric car due by 2014. Both ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Carbon-Fiber Composite Gaining Traction With European Auto Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642