STUTTGART — Volkswagen AG, aware that Ford Motor Co. has seized the high ground in dynamic terms, is fighting back. VW's emphasis on creating a perception of quality, especially in the interior, has worked brilliantly. But what enthusiast is going to prefer a Golf over a Focus on their favorite twisty road? Nobody is better aware of the potential long-term ramifications of Ford's consistency in building terrific driver's cars — think Fiesta, Puma and Focus — than Ferdinand Piech. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Carmakers pilfer talent to pummel competition" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642