Sales of the '99 Cadillac Catera plummeted 68.1% (1,985 vs. 6,229) January-March because General Motors Corp. needed to make changes to the sport sedan's fueling system after production had begun in Russelsheim, Germany. About 8,000 Cateras were held at a port in Brunswick, GA, “for a significant amount of time” in recent months, a Cadillac spokeswoman confirms. Output also was held up at the Russelsheim plant. In both cases workers retrofitted Catera's fueling system so that the cars ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cateras Pile Up at Georgia Port" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642