The Canadian Auto Workers union will announce its strike target Sept. 5, CAW President Buzz Hargrove tells Ward's today (Aug 26). This follows a weekend in which the union’s Big Three membership expressed resounding support for strike action, if necessary. Workers at General Motors of Canada Ltd., who number more than 18,000, voted 97% in favor of strike action. Ford Motor Co. of Canada’s nearly 13,000 workers, voted 95% in favor of a walkout. And DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. members, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW to Announce Strike Target Sept. 5" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642