As negotiations between the Canadian Auto Works union and DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. begin, the union’s top executive reportedly says job cuts may be in the picture. “They’ve told us they’re going to cut a lot of people out of (the) Windsor (Ont.) and Brampton (Ont., plants),” CAW President Buzz Hargrove is quoted as saying in the Windsor Star. DC plans to seek production efficiency improvements in its next national contract, with the potential of outsourcing vehicle assembly functions. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CAW Predicts Job Cuts at DaimlerChrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642