A desire to perfect the next-generation Scion tC is stalling the car’s launch, Ward’s is told. “We want to ensure we have the right styling and the right driving dynamics,” says Jim Lentz, president-Toyota Motor Sales USA. “As a result of that, it caused a delay in the overall timing of the product.” Lentz does not say when the new car will debut but warns holdups have a way of compounding themselves. An anticipated 4- or 5-month setback “can result in longer delays,” he says. “And that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Changes Prolong Wait for New Scion tC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642