Price wars in China have spurred a 25% increase in sales during the first quarter over like-2001. Small cars have seen the most benefit from the buyer boom, according to Automotive Resources Asia Ltd. Of first-quarter total sales of 195,661 units, 83,723, or 27%, are small cars. The segment is up 52% over year-prior, second only to minicars, which have seen a 77% rise. Fullsize and luxury sedans were the only segments to taper off, collectively falling 7% compared with the prior year ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"China Auto Sales Rise on Price Cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!

For pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: or phone: (248) 799-2642

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.