PARIS – Thanks to China, PSA Peugeot Citroen believes it is safe to continue making large sedans for Europe. The Peugeot 508, which went into production in France last October, will begin output in April in China, at the new Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Ltd. plant in Wuhan. Between the two operations, Peugeot expects to sell 200,000 of the vehicles in 2012. “In Europe, the D-segment has lost half its market share in 10 years,” to 1.4 million cars in 2010, says Xavier Peugeot, a member of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Demand Helps Make Business Case for Peugeot 508 in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642