SHANGHAI — China approves Volkswagen AG's plan to develop a compact car with one of its local joint venture partners (see FOCUS ON CHINA — April '99, p.6). The car, as yet unnamed, will be built at the Shanghai production plant where Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. — a 50/50 JV with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. — currently produces the Santana and Santana 2000 models. Possibly a derivative of VW's European Lupo subcompact car, this model is Volkswagen's response to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China OK's Volkswagen small car venture" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642