MUMBAI â€“ Media reports are circulating widely here that Chinaâ€™s largest auto maker Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. and joint-venture partner General Motors Co. are discussing a possible SAIC stake in General Motors India Ltd. Both auto makers have declined to confirm the talks, but some of their statements reveal more than they conceal. GMâ€™s Shanghai-based spokesman Michael Albano is quoted by the The Wall Street Journal as saying GM and SAIC often discuss mutual opportunities. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinaâ€™s SAIC Reportedly in Talks to Take Stake in GM India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642