TAIPEI – China Steel Corp. says it has developed a new-generation steel designed specifically for use by the automotive industry. The new, high-strength, hot-dip galvanized, dual-phase steel will cut vehicle weight while providing higher strength for use in frames and chassis, a spokesman for the state-owned CSC says. The steel also is easier to form and weld, CSC says. It predicts vehicles converted to use of the new metal would gain 10% in fuel efficiency due to the lighter weight.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"China Steel Touts Lighter, Stronger Steel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642