Beijing Hyundai plans to recall 63,588 vehicles equipped with Kumho tires built between June 2008 and January 2011, a Chinese government agency says. The recall includes the Elantra, Elantra Yuedong, Accent, Sonata NF, Tucson, Verna, Sonata Monica and i30 models equipped with possibly faulty tires produced by Kumho in seven different batches. The tires were made using too much rubber from recycled tires and could fail prematurely or catastrophically, China’s General Administration of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese Auto Makers to Recall Vehicles With Faulty Kumho Tires" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642