KOKOMO, IN – Chrysler Group begins initial production of its new 5-speed automatic rear-wheel-drive transmission at its new Indiana Transmission Plant II (ITP II) here. The launch marks the culmination of a $455 million investment and 30 months of construction on the 600,000 sq.-ft. (55,742 sq.-m.) facility. The new facility, which marks a milestone in Chrysler’s plans to shift its large cars from front-wheel drive to rear-wheel drive, will begin producing the new transmission on a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Begins Rear-Wheel-Drive Transmission Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642