Chrysler Group LLC takes two steps forward and one step back as it announces two electric-vehicle programs and confirms the cancellation of its planned hybrid Ram pickup. The auto maker says today it will build a plug-in hybrid Ram in 2011 featuring a 12 kW/h lithium-ion battery that will store enough energy to power the vehicle 20 miles (32 km) on electric power, alone. Chrysler is mum on the production site. The battery will come from Electrovaya Inc., a Toronto-area supplier that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Confirms EV 500, Plug-in Ram; Cancels Ram Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642