WINDSOR, Ont., Canada – In a bold statement, Chrysler Group says it will beat Toyota Motor Corp. in quality by the ’07 model year. “If we continue at 10% reduction in warranty costs a year, for the ’04, ’05 and’06 model years, we will catch Toyota by ’07,” Don Dees, Chrysler vice president-corporate quality, says in a briefing here. Jeep Liberty set pace with quality launch. The boast takes into account Toyota’s rate of improvement, extrapolating where the Japanese auto maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Expects to Pass Toyota in Quality" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642