Chrysler Group is on the right track with its investment in a joint venture with Getrag Corporate Group, analysts say. Chrysler and the Germany-based transmission supplier are spending $530 million to build an 804,000 sq.-ft. (74,700 sq.-m.) plant in Kokomo, IN. The site will make 700,000 dual-clutch transmissions (DCTs) annually, with production set to begin in 2009. As auto makers struggle to reconcile the call for higher fuel economy with continued consumer demand for vehicles that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler-Getrag JV Called Promising" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642