SCOTTSDALE, AZ – Chrysler Group is steeling its ’07 Dodge Caliber against the rigors of crash testing by using materials new to the auto maker’s lineup. While the auto maker hopes this strategy improves the Caliber’s chances of a high rating on front- and side-impact trials, including the demanding offset crash tests conducted by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), the new materials also achieve significant weight reduction. “The higher weight-to-strength ratio of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Hopes Dodge Caliber Will Be Material Success" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642