DETROIT â€“ Chrysler Group is ready to take plant flexibility to the next step. But President and CEO Tom LaSorda, who came up through the industry ranks from the manufacturing side, still isnâ€™t sure what that is. LaSorda, speaking to the Automotive Press Assn. here, says flexible manufacturing, which will allow Chrysler to build up to four different models at its Belvidere, IL, plant (for now Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass, Jeep Caliber) and up to three at its Sterling Heights, MI, facility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Mulls Next Step in Flexible Factoryâ€™s Future" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642