Chrysler Group has signed a letter of intent to supply North America and Western Europe with subcompact cars built in China by Chery Automobile, Chrysler’s top spokesman says. The spokesman confirms an agreement was reached in early December but offers no details about launch timing or volumes. Production will begin “soon,” he tells Ward’s. The deal still must be approved by the supervisory board of Chrysler parent, DaimlerChrysler AG. Chrysler does not have a subcompact offering and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler Picks Chery as Subcompact Partner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642