TRENTON, MI â€“ Chrysler Group LLCâ€™s new engine plant here isnâ€™t a lights-out factory capable of running all by itself, but it sure comes close. At full capacity, with three rotating crews operating six days per week, the highly automated Trenton South V-6 plant will be capable of producing up to 440,000 engines annually, employing only 499 people. In contrast, the adjacent Trenton North facility, opened in 1952 and one-time home of the original Chrysler Hemi V-8, runs two shifts with 825 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chryslerâ€™s New Pentastar V-6 Plant Green, Highly Automated" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642